In fact it worked so well that somewhere along the way you stopped doing it. Now you are completely off track and can’t seem to figure out what happened.
Ever been there?
It’s time to get back on track. Maybe you wake up on Monday morning and decide, today’s the day. Not only are you getting back on track, but you’re going to come back better than ever. And yet it’s like you’re stuck in quick sand. You just can’t quite get it going.
Why is it so much harder this time? Isn’t it supposed to be easier the second (or third, or fourth) time around?
Here are 3 reasons it’s actually harder:
- Blind faith: The first time, you didn’t know what you didn’t know. Someone told you to do something, you did it and it worked. The second time around your brain gets in the way. You start to wonder if your results are tracking the same, or if you can re-create the magic.
- Laser focus: Often the first time we do something we are incredibly focused. Once we have success and gain some confidence it’s easy to think that we can take the pressure off the gas pedal, and the wheels come off.
- You mess with proven technology: The second time around the temptation is to “tweak” things. This dilutes the energy and the result. When you are in lift off mode stick to the core plan. When things are rolling, you can make changes without shutting things down.
So what do you do?
- Reduce distractions: These are what got you off track in the first place. Don’t kid yourself that you can do it all. Whether it’s clutter in your schedule, your physical space or that overflowing email in box. Take 1 hour to clean things out and make room for new business.
- Set a schedule: Stop winging it and hoping for the best. Set time aside each day to work on your business. If you don’t make it a priority all of a sudden the day will have gone by and you will be in the same place you are now.
- Get accountable: Stop thinking you have to do all of this alone. Yes, you can, but it’s so much harder that way. Whether it’s a coach, an accountability partner or a friend, find someone to hold you accountable and offer input. They will help keep you going and can point out things you haven’t noticed that will help.
Know that you can do this. It’s all about forward motion each day.
To your success!