It is truly mind blowing.
In January, while I was laid up after my foot surgery I generated 4 new listings and several new buyers. That has turned into 9 sales so far, 3 listings in the works for later this month, and several buyers.
Everyone has their own definition of success. Mine has always been about having a business and a life. Along with the sales, we have been investing, I took a week off in February, a week in April, and have been able to spend time with my Dad after his heart surgery. Oh, and did I mention, it’s baseball season? That alone is enough to blow up the best intentioned plans.
Which is why, after 20 years in real estate, I still rely on my coach for accountability. I can honestly say that without accountability I would not be where I am today.
The reality is that constant success is hard to do on your own. In fact it’s nearly impossible. Here is what happens when we try to do it all on our own:
- Procrastination: It’s not convenient, you’re busy, you don’t feel like it.
- Over thinking: Is this the right way? What about if I try this instead?
- Self doubt: Can I really do this? Will it actually work this time?
Here’s what happens with accountability:
- Focus: The clutter clears, and the path forward is easy to follow.
- Expedited results: We ALL experience procrastination. The good news is that we are also wired to want to impress others. Which means that when we are accountable to someone else we get more done in a shorter period of time.
- Insights that we can’t get on our own because we are too close to things.
And what’s with this 30 minutes?
It’s often said that we are in the lead generation business. 30 minutes of lead generation a day will allow you to create the business you want. Everyone wants to say they are too busy, or have any number of excuses, but the reality is that you can always find 30 minutes.
If 30 minutes a day was all that stood between achieving your goals and spending another year frustrated and struggling, would you do it?
The trick is ongoing accountability, and knowing exactly what to do during those 30 minutes.
If this is something you need help with, then I invite you to join the Mindset – Marketing – Sales Mentorship Group that starts on Tuesday.
I’ll be sharing a book that I read in December that has completely transformed my business.
Click here for more details and to register.
To your success!