Here are some great ideas that came out of the last Ninja Mom’s meeting for staying on task and getting it done:
1. Plan and prioritize your day BEFORE you open your email in the morning. How many times have you sat down to check email thinking it will be 15 minutes and all of a sudden an hour and a half later you are still emailing and new ones just keep coming. Now you have lost your momentum for the day or forgotten your priorities all together. Make your plan first, before diving in.
2. Real time voice mail: Change your voice mail message each morning letting your clients know when you will be available and returning calls. This frees you up to work on projects and focus on other things without the constant interruptions.
3. Unsubscribe for all of those random emails that fill your in box each day. (Except of course this one!) If you want the information, you know where to find it when you need it. This alone will give you an hour back in your day.
4. Keep your hot / warm list with you at all times. Next time you feel your focus waning or you are not sure what to do with the rest of your day to make it productive ~ take out this list and find someone on there to call and connect with.
5. Get into the office each morning when you are fresh and focused and block out time to call your clients and connect. If you do this in the morning then you have a major part of your work day handled. Then you can spend the afternoon out with clients or even relax and do something fun knowing that your business for the day is handled.
6. Set time limits for yourself. When I feel my energy waning in the office I will give myself a timeframe to work in and make it a game. How many clients can I call in 30 minutes? Can I get all of my paperwork done in the next 15 minutes? By keeping the timeframes short, it keeps me focused on the task at hand so that I get it done faster and get on with my day.
So get out there, get focused and get it done so that you can move on to other things.