Did You Forget This While You Were Shopping Yesterday?
Buying gifts for others as an expression of love and gratitude is a wonderful thing to do. But don’t forget the most important thing to spend money on ~ Your Business.
One of the questions I am often asked is: how to market on a limited budget. There are a lot of options out there, but some pay out better than others.
In keeping with the 12 days of Christmas theme, here are 12 things you can do to market your business, each of which costs less than $1 and yields exponential rewards:
- Be on time: This may not sound like marketing, but it absolutely is. It costs 7 times more to obtain a new client than to keep the one you have. Showing up on time is a sign of respect. Let them know that their business matters to you.
- Return phone calls and emails promptly: This is similar to #1, but warrants saying. Sad, but true, many agents / business owners are terrible at this. A little communication goes a long way towards not only completing your current transaction, but also for repeat and referral business.
- FORD Phone Calls: Ahhh, the dreaded phone call. Virtually free and yet emphatically avoided. What if I told you the next person you called held the key to your next $100,000 in income? Would you pick up the phone? News flash: THEY DO. You never know where your next client will come from and sometimes those innocent FORD (Family / Occupation / Recreation / Dreams) calls make all of the difference.
- Note Cards: Hand written with a real stamp. I could go on for days about the difference these can make in your business.
- Social media: Without a plan it can be an enormous time suck. Done with intention it can be a huge source of business.
- Database: If you do not have a database that is set up to help you communicate with your clients on a regular basis, you don’t have a business.
- Buyer and Seller Book: Never show up to a client appointment empty-handed.
- Monthly mailings: Putting this in the under $1 category is a stretch, but it is less than $1 a person to keep in touch with your clients each month. Map out a plan of what to mail for the next 12 months and get it ready to go.
- Open houses: Real estate, just like any business is a contact sport. Open houses are a great way to meet people. If you don’t do open houses make sure you have something in your business plan that connects you with new people on a regular basis.
- Website: Your website is essentially your online resume. It doesn’t have to be fancy, but it does have to be there.
- Online reviews: They’re essential for doing business today. Make sure you are reaching out to clients for reviews. Don’t get too caught up on where they post them, just get going. My two favorites are Zillow and Yelp.
- Be unique: When consumers view things as being the exact same price is the only differentiator. To earn your fee and gain client loyalty find ways to express who YOU are and what makes you different.
If you are struggling with where to spend your marketing dollars, or having a plan to reach your goals, then join us on Tuesday, December 9th for the Bullet Proof Your 2015 Business Plan workshop. Click Here for more details and to register.
To your Success!
Signup to receive Nicole's blog posts via email weekly:
I posted a reel on instagram this week that got a surprising amount of feedback. Surprising in how grateful people were to finally have someone admit the truth. You don’t have to be part of the 5am club to be successful. Did your shoulders relax just a little when you read that? I hope so.…Read More
You know those agents – the lucky ones whose clients magically show up, and they always seem to be having fun while posting sales and having a life. The type of agent you wish you could be – someday. What if YOU could be that person right now?? On the outside, luck can look like…Read More
This is your reminder to keep going and trust that things will work. It’s easy to be impatient and want to know how the story ends. Because if we know that, then we can get there faster and avoid making mistakes along the way. But that’s not how it works. And sometimes the mistakes are…Read More
This is one of the biggest things most agents are missing in their business. But if you’ve ever been a part of a great mastermind and have a solid tribe you know that it’s one of THE best things not only for your business, but for your soul. We aren’t meant to do this alone.…Read More
I was chatting with someone this week who mentioned that they were spending this week journaling, planning and deciding what they want to create in 2024. Sounds awesome! But their last comment got me – I know I should have done this sooner, but… Sooner says who? It got me thinking about all of the…Read More
Ideally it’s both. But somewhere between the joy of dreaming into new goals, and attaching metrics (ie the how) things can go from creative to confining. In the ‘what if’ space – it’s easy to be creative. At this point the possibilities are endless. There is no right or wrong, pass or fail. Actions and…Read More
As we head into the last 2 weeks of the year Grace and Light are the 2 words that keep coming up. Whether this is your favorite time of the year, or one that you would be just as happy to skip – it’s a lot. It can be an intense time of celebration, reflection,…Read More
Seems like a simple question. Of course the reflex answer is yes. I can absolutely have anything I want. But deep down do you believe it? I just came back from a few days of business planning with 3 amazing agents. When we get together we go deep. It’s WAY beyond what we want our…Read More
Today is December 1st. Which means 2024 is right around the corner. No sooner do we finish celebrating the accomplishments from this year – we reset the counters to zero and look to create something new. We list our goals, envision our future and formulate action plans. All necessary parts of the process. But what…Read More
I’m over here at my Dad’s still this week. I’ll be here for a total of 11 days. I love the time with him, but his internet is the WORST. I’m actually using my phone as a hot spot to write this post because the internet is so unstable. I’m all for taking time to…Read More