It’s business planning season. Time to review this year, and chart your course for 2019.
There are dozens of templates out there, but most of them are missing one key element:
What are your non negotiables?
Those things that are essential to keep you functioning at your best.
We rarely, if ever, talk about these things, and then can’t understand why we get burnt out, or give up on our goals 1/2 way through the year. We decide that it’s not worth it. The sacrifice is too great.
What if that wasn’t the case? What if taking care of yourself all year-long was a priority, and not just when you feel worn out, or need to get back on track?
As you map out 2019, and list all of the things you are going to do for clients, what about taking a few minutes to list what you are going to do for yourself?
This doesn’t have to be a list of time-consuming things, or expensive. This is not meant to stress you out.
- What makes you happy?
- How do you function best?
- What or who inspires you?
- When do you feel motivated?
Here are my non negotiables:
- Sleep: I do not function well when I’m tired. Sacrificing sleep to do more does not work
- Exercise: It’s my time to process, and makes me feel better
- Family: All of the success in the world isn’t worth it if I’m not spending time with family
- Travel: I’m a huge believer in experiences vs stuff. Travel is the ultimate experience
- Connection: Learning, laughter and growth are where it’s at. Isolation is not good for anyone
What are your non negotiables? Take time to list them out as you do your business plan, and commit to working them into your schedule. They might not seem directly related to your business, but in truth, they can make all of the difference.
If you are struggling with the connection part, stay tuned. We’ve got some exciting things coming in 2019.
I’ll be teaching a Seller Conversations class in January. There are a lot of good agents struggling right now because they don’t have the tools necessary for this market. We’ve got you covered with all of the skills that you need to be a stellar listing agent in 2019.
I’m also excited to announce that the Mentorship group is back and will start in February.
Stay tuned for more details on both.
To your success!