“Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.”
Growth requires change. If you are going to sell more homes, you will need different systems than you currently have.
In a perfect world you would set a goal, implement the systems to support it and then be off and running. I don’t know about you, but it doesn’t really work that way for me.
Growth is often messy in the middle, and things can fall through the cracks – like my weekly blog post. Sorry about that!
For me, the best way to grow is to roll up my sleeves and get dirty.
From there, I gain clarity about which changes will help the most. The important thing is to change the way that you look at overwhelm and see it for the opportunity that it is.
For example, back when the market turned in 2008, and listings were sitting I ended up with several on the market at one time. I was spending all day every day following up on showings and sending the seller feedback along with miscellaneous market updates. It got to the point that I was working crazy long days, and not selling anything. It wasn’t good.
From that frustration came the Monday market update email that I talk about in my Seller Conversations Class. Sending a detailed email at the beginning of the week answered my clients questions before they had a chance to ask them, built confidence and trust, and freed up the rest of my week for me to meet with other clients.
Like most things, it seems like an obvious thing now, but I never would have figured it out if I hadn’t been overwhelmed with keeping up .
So if you’re in the weeds, know that it’s temporary, and you are on the verge of a breakthrough.
Here are a couple of tips to get you through:
- You are busy because you are doing something right in our business. Give yourself credit for a job well done.
- Recognize that you are in growth mode, which can be messy the first time around, but infinitely easier the second.
- Look at your daily activities and see what you can eliminate.
- Decide what you can delegate. Even if you don’t have an assistant, there are lots of ways to get help on small projects here and there.
- Figure out what you can “batch”. Batching is life changing when it comes to freeing up time. Batching my weekly market updates to my sellers on Monday freed up 4 days during the week that I could focus on other things. Think meal prep, marketing, etc
The most powerful thing you can do whenever you feel stressed, or frustrated is to say “Thank You” out loud. Thank you for the opportunities. Thank you for you amazing clients. Thank you for the market that allows you create an amazing income. Thank you to the Universe for the beautiful way that it’s all coming together.
Whenever I’m spinning in circles, saying thank you to the Universe instantly calms me down and opens me up to solutions I hadn’t thought of before.
So celebrate being busy and a tad overwhelmed. Know that it’s part of the process, and it’s all coming together perfectly.
To your success!