Changing Strategies and Other Puzzle Lessons
With the stay in place order extended to May 4th and a shift in how we are supposed to conduct real estate, things are definitely different.
Your typical market strategy for April and May may not work right now.
How do you shift gears with our new (hopefully temporary) normal?
Here’s some puzzle wisdom that might help right now:
- Start with what’s easy: With puzzles that’s the edge pieces. They are the easiest to identify and fit together. What is one simple, and easy thing you can do right now to stay connected? For me it’s calling clients and sending hand written note cards.
- You have to change strategies from time to time: Strategy is all about focus. With puzzles, it helps to have a strategy for the interior. Are you going to put together the sky, the buildings, the landscaping, etc? Some days one strategy works better than another. Spring is typically a time that we make big monetary investments in our business. Right now, though, our focus is on conserving cash. File this one under lessons learned from 2008. I believe with my whole heart that the real estate market will be fine, but it’s good business sense to be prepared if there is a dry spell in the middle.
- What you focus on expands: In puzzles, do you ever have that moment when you set the intention to find a specific piece and it seems to jump from the pile so obvious that you can’t figure out how you missed it before? The same is true for everything. The best thing you can do today, and always is to focus on things to be grateful for and appreciate. That may or may not have anything to do with Real Estate. Getting my butt kicked in Uno yesterday by Alex and Ryan made me happy. That energy carries forward to everything else that I do.
- Sometimes things are not what you initially think: I love those “aha” moments with puzzle pieces when I thought the image was one thing, and then I realize it was something else entirely. It’s a good reminder to stay out of judgement and prediction mode. It is natural for all of us to want assurances, to know what’s next, but what is going on right now is the perfect example of we can’t control what’s around us, only how we react to it. Make it your intention each day to be of service to your clients. Call your clients, listen to what they have to say and find ways to serve. Even if it isn’t directly related to a transaction.
- Sometimes the best thing you can do is walk away and come back later: With puzzles I often get to a point where I can’t seem to find any matches. When that happens I know the best thing is to walk away. When I come back later things will start clicking again. Be easy with yourself right now. Some days it’s good to press forward. But sometimes it’s good to focus on something other than real estate knowing that the break will give you a new perspective.
What changes or insights have come up for you in these last few weeks? Hit reply and let me know. I’m always curious to know what you are up to.
To your success!
Signup to receive Nicole's blog posts via email weekly:
It’s okay to want more than you have now In fact, your wanting more SERVES THE WORLD Your desires have come to you for a specific purpose The Universe WANTS you to be happy and fulfilled Your pursuit of your heart’s deepest desires TEACHES THOSE AROUND YOU HOW TO DO THE SAME for themselves Conversely,…Read More
Just imagine… You’re finally able to sit back, relax and enjoy all of the amazing success you’ve had. Imagine waking up to a life that lights you up again. Consistently. Day in. Day out. How would it feel knowing that you are completely calm, relaxed, fulfilled and everything is working out? How would it feel…Read More
It’s the first question people as when they start doing energy work. The assumption is that once you start tapping into your energy, everything is always sunshine and roses. So when things don’t go as planned it’s easy to wonder things like – What if it’s not meant to be? What if I’m not worthy?…Read More
And the Universe will be there to meet you. I put this one to the test this week, and I’m so glad I did. Real Estate is my career, but inspiring others and teaching them to use Energy work in their business to reach their goals is my passion. I love it. More than that,…Read More
I love a long to do list. It gives me direction and makes me feel like things are happening. And there is something satisfying about crossing things off once they’ve been done. But it can also feel exhausting. There are days where I have diligently been in motion all day checking things off, and yet…Read More
I’ve always marveled at the collective mindset of buyers. There are typical market cycles that happen in a year – the first part of the year has the most price appreciation, things shift a bit in June as kids get out of school and summer starts, August can be slow with everyone out on vacation…Read More
The only person who doesn’t believe in you is you. Read that again. We so easily see talents in others, and are so hesitant to claim them within ourselves. And yet they are there. You have your own unique talents and gifts. You have a light within you that can shine brighter than you ever…Read More
Great question! The Success Perspective is the mindset and energy that you create to increase your sales and have the life you’ve been dreaming of. It’s the difference between taking a class and implementing a few things, but seeing little to no change in your sales. Or Making a few small tweaks that make a…Read More