Welcome to 2021! There were many things I enjoyed about 2020 (crazy virus aside), but I always look forward to a New Year with joy and anticipation.
In keeping with the crazy year that 2020 was, it wrapped up with some powerful lessons in a really odd package. Many of you saw my post on social media last month about my mover whose house burned down a few days before Christmas, leaving a family of 10 in a hotel and unsure of what to do next. Thank you to all who gave so generously. Pete said that if it wasn’t for those donations, they would have been sleeping in cars.
It was a terrible situation, but so much good came from it as people jumped in to help and there were so many lessons that are a powerful foundation for the New Year.
- Share what is going on – Pete said he almost didn’t say anything about the fire! We are not meant to shoulder our burdens alone. It’s okay to let people in, and to let them help.
- You can make a big impact, but you can make a bigger impact when you let others help. Pete did a move for me the day he told us about the fire, so I paid him extra. But the true impact came from sharing his story with others and allowing them to help too.
- Sometimes your value is sharing and connecting. Your ability to connect people to what they need is more valuable than you realize.
- When you let others help, it brings them joy. We all feel better when we are able to make an impact.
- The money is huge, but it’s just as important for people to know that they are not alone.
- There are good people in the world – lots of them. I wrote this sentence before the events of this week. It still holds true. Focus on those that are good. They are a much larger number than those that are not.
Wherever you are at in life and business, I wish you well.
Let this be a lesson that our community is wider, deeper, stronger and more committed than we realize. Your job is to build your community. Reach out. Listen, care deeply, help when you can and share so that others may help too. If you make that your goal for 2021 the rest will take care of itself.
Wishing you the greatest success you could ever imagine!
To your success!