We don’t make a big deal out of holidays in our house, but I do love Valentine’s Day. Mainly because I think it’s perfectly timed in the year. After 6 weeks of grinding away on business and obsessing over goals and whether there’s enough time to get it all done, it feels good to take a breather for some much needed love and gratitude.
To remember all of the wonderful things in life.
Valentine’s Day usually focuses on romantic love, but what if you just took a few days and focused on those things that bring you joy, and found ways to bring joy to others?
Things that bring me joy:
- Going for walks with Gary. We are often busy and going in different directions. Walks give us a chance to reconnect.
- Anything that makes my boys smile melts my heart
- Laughing with friends
- Getting lost in a book
Here are some simple things you can do in the next few days to spread joy:
- Call someone just to let them know you are thinking about them. We all like to know we matter, that phone call might mean more than you realize.
- Smile more, just because, for no reason. You never know how your smile will impact another
- Say thank you as often as possible
- Show grace
- Invite someone out
What about you? What brings you joy? How can you share that with others?
To your success!