Building Your Internal Network
Your internal network is the one within your own industry.
Whenever I bring this up it seems to get mixed reactions. Some people get it and love it. Others look at me a little funny and ask why they would want to spend time with other agents when they are the competition.
The reality is that there is enough business out there for everyone and we benefit as individuals and as an industry by working together to share ideas and support each other.
Here are 5 ways that having a strong internal network will save you time, help you make more money and make things a lot more fun:
1. You get the inside scoop: Just this week I was talking with another agent about what my clients are looking to purchase. Turns out she has the perfect home coming on the market in 2 weeks. We were able to get a jump start because I took the time to connect with her.
2. It helps in contract negotiations: When you know the other agent you are working with don’t things just seem to go smoother? And in a low inventory, multiple offer world, having that connection to the listing agent can be the thing that helps your offer make it to the top of the stack.
3. No one gets you like your peeps: Being a real estate agent is a wild ride with the ups and downs of the market and the various clients that we work with. Having people who “get it” is essential.
4. You can share ideas and learn. No need to reinvent the wheel. Why make yourself crazy starting everything from scratch. It’s much faster, more fun and profitable to work together and build on each others ideas.
5. You never know where your next referral will come from. Granted this one took me a bit to grasp, but other agents really are a fantastic source of referrals. Whether it’s a move from out of state or even within your same area, maybe you specialize in something that the other agent doesn’t. Taking time to build relationships with other agents can be a fantastic source of business.
So how do you fit it in to your already time strapped world?
1. Attend classes and participate, don’t just sit in the corner minding your own business. Sit by someone you don’t know and strike up a conversation. Exchange cards and get connected on social media.
2. Make time for lunch or coffee at least once a month with an agent to get to know them better.
3. Join a group: Getting involved with groups like the Women’s Council of Realtors and the eWomen network has been fantastic. It’s connected me with groups of amazing people and has helped my business in so many ways.
Being a lone ranger isn’t any fun. Stop making things harder than they need to be and take the time to build your internal network. After all, who doesn’t want to make more money and have more fun along the way?
Signup to receive Nicole's blog posts via email weekly:
It’s okay to want more than you have now In fact, your wanting more SERVES THE WORLD Your desires have come to you for a specific purpose The Universe WANTS you to be happy and fulfilled Your pursuit of your heart’s deepest desires TEACHES THOSE AROUND YOU HOW TO DO THE SAME for themselves Conversely,…Read More
Just imagine… You’re finally able to sit back, relax and enjoy all of the amazing success you’ve had. Imagine waking up to a life that lights you up again. Consistently. Day in. Day out. How would it feel knowing that you are completely calm, relaxed, fulfilled and everything is working out? How would it feel…Read More
It’s the first question people as when they start doing energy work. The assumption is that once you start tapping into your energy, everything is always sunshine and roses. So when things don’t go as planned it’s easy to wonder things like – What if it’s not meant to be? What if I’m not worthy?…Read More
And the Universe will be there to meet you. I put this one to the test this week, and I’m so glad I did. Real Estate is my career, but inspiring others and teaching them to use Energy work in their business to reach their goals is my passion. I love it. More than that,…Read More
I love a long to do list. It gives me direction and makes me feel like things are happening. And there is something satisfying about crossing things off once they’ve been done. But it can also feel exhausting. There are days where I have diligently been in motion all day checking things off, and yet…Read More
I’ve always marveled at the collective mindset of buyers. There are typical market cycles that happen in a year – the first part of the year has the most price appreciation, things shift a bit in June as kids get out of school and summer starts, August can be slow with everyone out on vacation…Read More
The only person who doesn’t believe in you is you. Read that again. We so easily see talents in others, and are so hesitant to claim them within ourselves. And yet they are there. You have your own unique talents and gifts. You have a light within you that can shine brighter than you ever…Read More
Great question! The Success Perspective is the mindset and energy that you create to increase your sales and have the life you’ve been dreaming of. It’s the difference between taking a class and implementing a few things, but seeing little to no change in your sales. Or Making a few small tweaks that make a…Read More