The Introverts Guide To Finding Clients
Real Estate is a contact sport. In order to sell properties, you need to connect with others. It makes sense, but if you are an introvert, it may be enough to have you re-thinking your career choice.
And yet, some of the most successful agents I know are introverts.
Being an introvert actually gives you some super powers:
- You tend to be a great listener, which allows you to hone in on what your clients want beyond the basics like bedrooms and baths.
Extroverts, I love you too. Your super power is being able to talk to anyone. As an introvert myself, I’m always amazed at my extrovert friends and the conversations they start up with people they’ve never met.
Here are some great ways to find clients for introverts, and extroverts too:
- Start with who you know. Repeat and referral business is always the best place to start. And it’s more comfortable because you already have a relationship with them. Start connecting with FORD calls, getting together for coffee or providing market updates on their properties.
- Open houses. These are great because they keep you in the loop with the pace of the market which builds confidence and makes your real estate conversations easier. Plus, you are meeting people in a real estate setting, which increases the chance of them turning into a client sooner vs later.
- Find your tribe: As an introvert, meeting new people may be enough to make you hyperventilate. This is one of those times when you need to bite the bullet, and do it. So make it fun, and make it something that you are interested in. You can find clients anywhere. Rotary, running clubs, your book group, etc. The more connected you are with the group, the more successful it will be.
2 big things to note:
- As an introvert, being around people can drain your energy. It doesn’t have anything to do with liking people. You can have a wonderful time and adore everyone, but still come home feeling exhausted. Make sure you build in recovery time. Whether it’s time reading a book, taking a nap or a walk in nature. Finding a balance will help keep you from burn out.
- Whether you are an introvert or extravert, all of this takes time. Finding clients is a long term game. Rarely do you just show up to one event one time and walk away with clients. It’s about building relationships and providing value over time. Consistency is key.
So start now. Brainstorm 5 ways that you can connect with people this week, and make it happen. The more you reach out, the more comfortable the whole process will get.
To your success!
Signup to receive Nicole's blog posts via email weekly:
I posted a reel on instagram this week that got a surprising amount of feedback. Surprising in how grateful people were to finally have someone admit the truth. You don’t have to be part of the 5am club to be successful. Did your shoulders relax just a little when you read that? I hope so.…Read More
You know those agents – the lucky ones whose clients magically show up, and they always seem to be having fun while posting sales and having a life. The type of agent you wish you could be – someday. What if YOU could be that person right now?? On the outside, luck can look like…Read More
This is your reminder to keep going and trust that things will work. It’s easy to be impatient and want to know how the story ends. Because if we know that, then we can get there faster and avoid making mistakes along the way. But that’s not how it works. And sometimes the mistakes are…Read More
This is one of the biggest things most agents are missing in their business. But if you’ve ever been a part of a great mastermind and have a solid tribe you know that it’s one of THE best things not only for your business, but for your soul. We aren’t meant to do this alone.…Read More
I was chatting with someone this week who mentioned that they were spending this week journaling, planning and deciding what they want to create in 2024. Sounds awesome! But their last comment got me – I know I should have done this sooner, but… Sooner says who? It got me thinking about all of the…Read More
Ideally it’s both. But somewhere between the joy of dreaming into new goals, and attaching metrics (ie the how) things can go from creative to confining. In the ‘what if’ space – it’s easy to be creative. At this point the possibilities are endless. There is no right or wrong, pass or fail. Actions and…Read More
As we head into the last 2 weeks of the year Grace and Light are the 2 words that keep coming up. Whether this is your favorite time of the year, or one that you would be just as happy to skip – it’s a lot. It can be an intense time of celebration, reflection,…Read More
Seems like a simple question. Of course the reflex answer is yes. I can absolutely have anything I want. But deep down do you believe it? I just came back from a few days of business planning with 3 amazing agents. When we get together we go deep. It’s WAY beyond what we want our…Read More
Today is December 1st. Which means 2024 is right around the corner. No sooner do we finish celebrating the accomplishments from this year – we reset the counters to zero and look to create something new. We list our goals, envision our future and formulate action plans. All necessary parts of the process. But what…Read More
I’m over here at my Dad’s still this week. I’ll be here for a total of 11 days. I love the time with him, but his internet is the WORST. I’m actually using my phone as a hot spot to write this post because the internet is so unstable. I’m all for taking time to…Read More