Ninja Mom’s Meeting Notes, September 2010
Thank you to all of the amazing women that came to our last Ninja Mom’s meeting. I always leave inspired and with great new ideas that I can implement in my business. If you are in the Seattle area and would like to attend a meeting, post a comment here and I’ll make sure to send you the invite.
Here are some of the great things that we talked about:
~ One of the things that I have been working on is getting my database cleaned up. Making sure that I have everyone’s email and birthday and am connected to them on the various social networking sites. Things that are important and will help my business, but things that I just never seem to get done for whatever reason. I run everything on Outlook and have been wanting to hire someone to help with this, but then the question is how do they access the information since it is not an online program? Turns out Microsoft Exchange will allow me to have an assistant access my Outlook so I am excited to get that ball rolling.
~ We talked about what agents are doing for their clients for the holiday season. It is a great time of year to reconnect with people and the time that you put in now will pay dividends to ensure you have a good start to 2011. Some of the various things that agents do are:
- Send winter and holiday themed postcards such as information for the various ski areas and snow shoeing parks.
- Some agents deliver cookies or pumpkin bread. (A hint on the pumpkin bread. Costco has the mix which is really great. You can buy the paper bread molds and bake the bread in there. Wrap it with plastic wrap and a pretty ribbon and you are all set. High impact with minimal cost and effort.)
- I always send a letter to my clients at Thanksgiving thanking them for their continued support
- Another thing that has been alot of fun is a Santa party. We do one at our house and everyone has a great time. The kids have a blast and get to sing songs and hang out with Santa for a bit.
- The point of all of these things is not to be big or expensive, but to just connect with your clients so don’t over think it. Take advantage of the season and get out there.
- Other great ways to connect with your clients is to invite families with you on your various activities. Call one or two clients when you are heading out to the pumpkin patch or have them over for pumpkin carving. Do a cookie exchange with your clients. Meet some others for hot chocolate and enjoy the tree lightings when they start happening. All of these things provide great opportunities to reconnect and cost little to no money.
~ Survey Monkeyis a great way to connect with your clients and gain valuable feedback. It is service that will allow you to poll your clients to find out what they like about your service, what they would change and what they wish you provided. Or really anything else that you would like to know. I did it this summer and got some great feedback on services that I can add to my business that my clients would appreciate.
~ We talked about the new book, 7 Levels of Communication that is out. It is a quick read with some really great insights and different twists on ways to stay in touch with your clients, build deeper relationships and as a result, a really amazing business.
~ Other great books that were recommended include: Delivering Happiness, Go Givers, Go Givers Sell More, and Drive
~ We also talked about ways that we stay connected with our clients:
- Never under estimate the power of a hand written note card. Your handwriting may not be perfect and the note card may not be the exact style that you want, but writing a heart felt note to someone will provide a positive and lasting impact that nothing else can.
- Facebook is a great way to keep in touch. Yes, there is a fine line with online social media as it can turn into the ultimate time waster, but it is a great way to keep in touch with your clients on a more regular basis and can give you great reasons to pick up the phone and call.
- Mailings may be old fashioned, but they still really work. One of the agents in our meeting mapped out her postcards for the entire year and did timeless things such as Valentines Day / Feng Shui tips / great hikes in the area / green tips around the house / Father’s Day / Mother’s Day. You get the picture. The ingenious part is that she did these all without a date and had them printed. Now she has her mailings for the year and all they need is a label and stamp and out the door they go. No more reinventing the wheel every month to come up with an idea. Fantastic!
~ The last thing that we talked about is the power of stories when you are working with your clients. When you are dealing with a Seller that wants to over price their home. A story about what happened to someone else when they did that and as a result they sat on the market way too long and sold for so much less is much more powerful than you trying to use all of those ‘tools to over come objections’ that they teach you in various classes. Be real and be honest and it will make the conversations go a whole lot easier.
Thank you again to all that attended. We will be holding one more meeting before the end of the year so let me know if you would like to be there.
Here’s to a great 4th quarter!
Signup to receive Nicole's blog posts via email weekly:
I posted a reel on instagram this week that got a surprising amount of feedback. Surprising in how grateful people were to finally have someone admit the truth. You don’t have to be part of the 5am club to be successful. Did your shoulders relax just a little when you read that? I hope so.…Read More
You know those agents – the lucky ones whose clients magically show up, and they always seem to be having fun while posting sales and having a life. The type of agent you wish you could be – someday. What if YOU could be that person right now?? On the outside, luck can look like…Read More
This is your reminder to keep going and trust that things will work. It’s easy to be impatient and want to know how the story ends. Because if we know that, then we can get there faster and avoid making mistakes along the way. But that’s not how it works. And sometimes the mistakes are…Read More
This is one of the biggest things most agents are missing in their business. But if you’ve ever been a part of a great mastermind and have a solid tribe you know that it’s one of THE best things not only for your business, but for your soul. We aren’t meant to do this alone.…Read More
I was chatting with someone this week who mentioned that they were spending this week journaling, planning and deciding what they want to create in 2024. Sounds awesome! But their last comment got me – I know I should have done this sooner, but… Sooner says who? It got me thinking about all of the…Read More
Ideally it’s both. But somewhere between the joy of dreaming into new goals, and attaching metrics (ie the how) things can go from creative to confining. In the ‘what if’ space – it’s easy to be creative. At this point the possibilities are endless. There is no right or wrong, pass or fail. Actions and…Read More
As we head into the last 2 weeks of the year Grace and Light are the 2 words that keep coming up. Whether this is your favorite time of the year, or one that you would be just as happy to skip – it’s a lot. It can be an intense time of celebration, reflection,…Read More
Seems like a simple question. Of course the reflex answer is yes. I can absolutely have anything I want. But deep down do you believe it? I just came back from a few days of business planning with 3 amazing agents. When we get together we go deep. It’s WAY beyond what we want our…Read More
Today is December 1st. Which means 2024 is right around the corner. No sooner do we finish celebrating the accomplishments from this year – we reset the counters to zero and look to create something new. We list our goals, envision our future and formulate action plans. All necessary parts of the process. But what…Read More
I’m over here at my Dad’s still this week. I’ll be here for a total of 11 days. I love the time with him, but his internet is the WORST. I’m actually using my phone as a hot spot to write this post because the internet is so unstable. I’m all for taking time to…Read More