Conferences are a chance to break out of the every day routine and learn tools that can really make a difference in your business. They also offer the ability to purchase additional training programs.
The right program can have an exponential impact in moving you forward. It can also be a colossal waste of money.
The trick is to figure it out, before you spend the money.
Here are 3 ways to know it is NOT right for you:
1. It’s not what you need TODAY. Note, the key word is today. Not where you want to be 6 months from now. I’ve learned this the hard way and spent thousands on programs that didn’t end up working because I was not in the right place to do anything with the material.
2. Are the testimonials about specific results for their clients, or about them? It’s great to work with someone who is successful, but you are paying for YOUR results. Not theirs. If someone spends all of their time going on and on about how great they are; they are probably better at the initial sale than getting you results.
3. It seems complicated and overwhelming. Some trainings are deliberately designed to stress you out. I think they view it as guaranteed revenue, because you have to keep coming back for more information. Some clients do, but most get frustrated and drop out without anything to show for their time and money.
What makes a program right? 3 ways to know:
1. The delivery process works for you. Do you like to learn in a group setting, or one on one? Do you want a classroom, lecture format or interviews with real world examples? Knowing your learning style goes a long way towards your success.
2. Does it almost seem too simple? I have passed on some trainings initially because I thought they were too basic, and taken them later to find out that they are perfect. It was just the right amount of help to move me forward, which is what it’s all about.
3. You are inspired. Never sign up for anything out of fear. You know what I mean. The programs that tell you: “you can do anything, but you don’t stand a chance unless you work with me.” You are on the right path already. You are great the way you are and yes, you CAN do this. Find something that makes you feel excited and you will get better, longer lasting results.
Either way, to make it work, you have to participate.
On that note. I’ve got some exciting things brewing with a new training program to give you real world examples from other successful people and how you can do the same in your business. If you are interested in learning more about it, hit reply and let me know.