Summer’s Here – What’s Your Plan?
School vacation starts next week – are you ready?
There are so many things to love about summer – the kids are around more, the days are longer and everything seems a little more laid back.
It all sounds good right now, but sometimes the ‘vision’ of what summer vacation can be and the ‘reality’ of it is are different.
Without a plan, summer is the perfect example of time spent spinning in circles without much to show for it but a bunch of frustration and a vow to do it differently next year.
So let’s make this summer count. Here are some tips to get you through so that you can sell some houses AND have some fun.
- Decide what to press pause on. This is not the time to revamp your marketing, launch a website, etc. If it’s not essential and directly related to selling a house, it can wait until September. Making this a conscious decision let’s you off the hook of feeling guilty about not being uber productive in your businesses for the next few months.
- Pick 1 thing that will make your summer a success. Whether it’s a trip, project – not work related, or something else entirely, it should be something that will make you feel like you enjoyed the time.
- Spend time outside each week. The beauty of summer is that the days are long, so no matter how busy you are you can get outside. Fresh air changes everything, and time in nature is always a good reset.
- Block 1 hour each day to GET IT DONE. Make your time count. No goofing around in the office wasting time. Dedicate 1 hour each day to really focused time spent following up with clients and making FORD calls. This way, no matter what you do for the rest of the day you know you will have moved the needle forward.
- Create summer hours. Waiting for the time to enjoy summer doesn’t work. So change your schedule. Take Fridays off, or whatever works for you.
- Make use of the longer days. It’s easier to take weekends off during the summer because the days are longer. I would much rather show a house at 7pm during the week if it means I get the weekend off. Right now that’s an option because it’s still light out.
- Don’t panic if things seem to take a little longer. Buyers can seem really motivated one week, and be MIA the next depending on vacation schedules, etc. Trust that it will all come together.
Cheers to having fun and soaking up the sun!
Signup to receive Nicole's blog posts via email weekly:
I posted a reel on instagram this week that got a surprising amount of feedback. Surprising in how grateful people were to finally have someone admit the truth. You don’t have to be part of the 5am club to be successful. Did your shoulders relax just a little when you read that? I hope so.…Read More
You know those agents – the lucky ones whose clients magically show up, and they always seem to be having fun while posting sales and having a life. The type of agent you wish you could be – someday. What if YOU could be that person right now?? On the outside, luck can look like…Read More
This is your reminder to keep going and trust that things will work. It’s easy to be impatient and want to know how the story ends. Because if we know that, then we can get there faster and avoid making mistakes along the way. But that’s not how it works. And sometimes the mistakes are…Read More
This is one of the biggest things most agents are missing in their business. But if you’ve ever been a part of a great mastermind and have a solid tribe you know that it’s one of THE best things not only for your business, but for your soul. We aren’t meant to do this alone.…Read More
I was chatting with someone this week who mentioned that they were spending this week journaling, planning and deciding what they want to create in 2024. Sounds awesome! But their last comment got me – I know I should have done this sooner, but… Sooner says who? It got me thinking about all of the…Read More
Ideally it’s both. But somewhere between the joy of dreaming into new goals, and attaching metrics (ie the how) things can go from creative to confining. In the ‘what if’ space – it’s easy to be creative. At this point the possibilities are endless. There is no right or wrong, pass or fail. Actions and…Read More
As we head into the last 2 weeks of the year Grace and Light are the 2 words that keep coming up. Whether this is your favorite time of the year, or one that you would be just as happy to skip – it’s a lot. It can be an intense time of celebration, reflection,…Read More
Seems like a simple question. Of course the reflex answer is yes. I can absolutely have anything I want. But deep down do you believe it? I just came back from a few days of business planning with 3 amazing agents. When we get together we go deep. It’s WAY beyond what we want our…Read More
Today is December 1st. Which means 2024 is right around the corner. No sooner do we finish celebrating the accomplishments from this year – we reset the counters to zero and look to create something new. We list our goals, envision our future and formulate action plans. All necessary parts of the process. But what…Read More
I’m over here at my Dad’s still this week. I’ll be here for a total of 11 days. I love the time with him, but his internet is the WORST. I’m actually using my phone as a hot spot to write this post because the internet is so unstable. I’m all for taking time to…Read More