In 2021 I Resolve To Let Go Of…
I love the reset that comes with the New Year. Whether you call them resolutions or goals, it’s the perfect time to evaluate life and business so that you can move forward with intention.
This typically involves creating a long list of I Wish and I Should.
- I wish to make more money …
- I should eat more vegetables …
No matter how well intentioned the list is and how beneficial the results might be, you are pilling on a list of new activities onto your already full life that your body and brain are hard wired to resist.
Remember, success comes from stepping outside of your comfort zone. But we are wired as humans to keep ourselves safe, which means sticking with what we know. Even if what we know, isn’t what we want.
So before you bury yourself under a list of things you “should” be doing, let’s try a different approach.
What if we could get there easier and faster by letting go of that which doesn’t serve us anymore?
Here are some of the things I resolve to let go of this year:
- Any goal that I feel like I ‘should’ have, but isn’t actually mine: Years ago I had a goal to own a second home, and for a short time we did. We have so many friends with second homes (and with Covid I am so very envious of you right now), but the reality is that we are not second home people. At least not now. I would be buying a second home out of obligation, not joy. So I choose to let that one go.
- How many houses I sell: Focusing on the number of transactions affects how I show up with my clients – not in a good way. My goals are based on trips taken, money invested, investment properties purchased and all around fun had. Those goals empower me and allow me to show up as my best self.
- The big solution, when the little one will do: I’ll expand more on this in next week’s post, but it’s easy to get caught up in the mindset that to make a big change you need to do something drastic. Sorry Anthony Robbins, this is where we disagree. I can do drastic action for a short period of time. VERY short. There might be some benefit, but it’s not usually equal to the action. You could spend thousands of dollars a month on internet leads and inside sales agents to generate dozens of sales. Or you could call your current and past clients and offer amazing service. You might not do as many sales, but the cost of sales would be much lower, and you would likely have a lot more fun.
What do you resolve to let go of this year?
To Your Success!
Signup to receive Nicole's blog posts via email weekly:
I posted a reel on instagram this week that got a surprising amount of feedback. Surprising in how grateful people were to finally have someone admit the truth. You don’t have to be part of the 5am club to be successful. Did your shoulders relax just a little when you read that? I hope so.…Read More
You know those agents – the lucky ones whose clients magically show up, and they always seem to be having fun while posting sales and having a life. The type of agent you wish you could be – someday. What if YOU could be that person right now?? On the outside, luck can look like…Read More
This is your reminder to keep going and trust that things will work. It’s easy to be impatient and want to know how the story ends. Because if we know that, then we can get there faster and avoid making mistakes along the way. But that’s not how it works. And sometimes the mistakes are…Read More
This is one of the biggest things most agents are missing in their business. But if you’ve ever been a part of a great mastermind and have a solid tribe you know that it’s one of THE best things not only for your business, but for your soul. We aren’t meant to do this alone.…Read More
I was chatting with someone this week who mentioned that they were spending this week journaling, planning and deciding what they want to create in 2024. Sounds awesome! But their last comment got me – I know I should have done this sooner, but… Sooner says who? It got me thinking about all of the…Read More
Ideally it’s both. But somewhere between the joy of dreaming into new goals, and attaching metrics (ie the how) things can go from creative to confining. In the ‘what if’ space – it’s easy to be creative. At this point the possibilities are endless. There is no right or wrong, pass or fail. Actions and…Read More
As we head into the last 2 weeks of the year Grace and Light are the 2 words that keep coming up. Whether this is your favorite time of the year, or one that you would be just as happy to skip – it’s a lot. It can be an intense time of celebration, reflection,…Read More
Seems like a simple question. Of course the reflex answer is yes. I can absolutely have anything I want. But deep down do you believe it? I just came back from a few days of business planning with 3 amazing agents. When we get together we go deep. It’s WAY beyond what we want our…Read More
Today is December 1st. Which means 2024 is right around the corner. No sooner do we finish celebrating the accomplishments from this year – we reset the counters to zero and look to create something new. We list our goals, envision our future and formulate action plans. All necessary parts of the process. But what…Read More
I’m over here at my Dad’s still this week. I’ll be here for a total of 11 days. I love the time with him, but his internet is the WORST. I’m actually using my phone as a hot spot to write this post because the internet is so unstable. I’m all for taking time to…Read More