It’s Labor Day weekend. For many it marks the end of summer, back to school and the end of white jeans until next season. But it was created to celebrate the achievements of American workers. Which makes it the perfect opportunity to check in on your why.
Why do you work so hard?
It’s easy to lose track of our why as we rush from one appointment to the next. But one of the biggest motivators and ways to relieve overwhelm is to remember why you are doing this in the first place.
Suddenly that late night appointment isn’t so frustrating when you realize it’s getting you closer to something that matters.
Your why is anything that matters deeply to you. Mine are:
- Raising our boys to be amazing men and finding joy in seeing who they become.
- Making a positive difference in the lives of those around me. It could be helping a client or smiling at someone when I walk by them. I believe all moments are meaningful. Sometimes the little things make the biggest difference.
- Traveling with Gary and the Boys. Travel is my passion.
- Deep relationships – with Gary, the boys and those that matter most to me.
- Investing. Financial stress does not motivate me. Financial security does.
This is what gets me up in the morning, encourages me to pick up the phone when I would rather not, and makes me smile at the end of the day.
What’s your why?
To your success!