Real Estate is a contact sport and this week my broker challenged me to become 1% more visible.
I’m a big believer that small changes yield exponential results, so this challenge was a perfect fit.
Each day I’ve been doing 1% more to connect with others and it’s a challenge I am now sharing with you.
Need some ideas to get you going? Try these:
- Make friends with social media: Whether it’s personal or professional, put it out there. Engage with people in conversations. It leverages your actions and makes you exponentially more visible.
- Get creative with your next mailing: Have you sold multiple houses in the same area? If so, send a postcard to those neighbors, letting them know that you are the area expert. Or do a mailing with a local business. Maybe a postcard with a coupon for a free ice cream cone. A great way to get some extra visibility for yourself and a local business
- Make 1 extra phone call a day: What if you could change your life in 4 minutes or less? Making 1 extra call a day can do just that.
- Say hello to the agents when you tour their homes: I used to blow through the brokers open houses as fast as I could and barely acknowledged the listing agent holding it open. Now, I slow down and take a moment to say hello and ask them about the house. You never know when the two of you will do a transaction together and having that relationship can make all the difference.
- Attend an event: It could be the weekly farmers market, a concert in the park, a fun raising event. The options are endless this time of year and most of them are free. Make it a point to attend something this week. I guarantee you will run into someone you know. And if you really want to kick the visibility up a notch, invite a client to go with you.
I’d love to hear from you. What can you do today to make yourself 1% more visible?