Getting Pulled In Too Many Directions? Try This
In-between real estate appointments, there are endless baseball games, end of the school year activities for the kids (check out Ryan listening intently to Alex recite his report on Babe Ruth as part of the 5th grade wax museum), graduation parties for friends, oh and the kids get out of school next week. Ummm, what in the heck are they going to do for the next 2 weeks since their camps don’t start until July?
Stay tuned for “this is what it looks like when I take the boys to work with me” posts on social media. Expect lots of “I’m over it” looks from the boys and 101 ways to bribe your kids into playing along.
Oh, and did I mention that we are also 1/2 way through the year, so it’s time to check in on your goals to see how it’s going?
I have visions of rolling into summer with a glass of ice tea in one hand, a book in the other while enjoying a relaxing afternoon on the patio soaking in the sun and listening to the birds chirp around me.
Instead, June feels like a whirlwind and I’m left feeling burnt out. Feeling that way is kryptonite for your momentum.
I’ve been noticing this week that I need a bit of a mindset adjustment about the whole thing.
Here are some tips to get you through June, or any time of the year that feels a bit nutty:
- It’s okay to say no. It’s wonderful to have so much going on. Running yourself into the ground does not help anyone, though. If you are feeling stressed out, then it’s time to start taking things off your calendar. Keep doing this until you feel like you can breath again.
- Write a list your accomplishments this year. It could be business or personal. Part of the June stress can be feeling like you are behind, and the clock is ticking. Take a moment to list your accomplishments so far. It will shift your mindset and keep your momentum moving forward.
- Take time just for you. It could be an afternoon, a day, a weekend. Don’t worry about how much time it is, but make sure it’s something that nurtures you.
- Surround yourself with beautiful things. When you are busy, it’s easy to let clutter build which adds to the stress. Beautiful things lower your stress and increase happiness. It could be a candle or flowers, or anything else that makes you smile and happy when you look at it.
- Take an hour and review your year: Where are you at with your business? What is working? What one thing would make the biggest difference in the second half of the year?
*If you are struggling with #5, stay tuned for next week’s post. I’ll be posting the dates and topics for the summer Mindset ~ Marketing ~ Momentum mentorship to help with this.
Know that anything can shift in any moment. Sometimes you don’t need the situation to change, you need your mindset about it to change in order for things to open up.
To your success!
Signup to receive Nicole's blog posts via email weekly:
It’s okay to want more than you have now In fact, your wanting more SERVES THE WORLD Your desires have come to you for a specific purpose The Universe WANTS you to be happy and fulfilled Your pursuit of your heart’s deepest desires TEACHES THOSE AROUND YOU HOW TO DO THE SAME for themselves Conversely,…Read More
Just imagine… You’re finally able to sit back, relax and enjoy all of the amazing success you’ve had. Imagine waking up to a life that lights you up again. Consistently. Day in. Day out. How would it feel knowing that you are completely calm, relaxed, fulfilled and everything is working out? How would it feel…Read More
It’s the first question people as when they start doing energy work. The assumption is that once you start tapping into your energy, everything is always sunshine and roses. So when things don’t go as planned it’s easy to wonder things like – What if it’s not meant to be? What if I’m not worthy?…Read More
And the Universe will be there to meet you. I put this one to the test this week, and I’m so glad I did. Real Estate is my career, but inspiring others and teaching them to use Energy work in their business to reach their goals is my passion. I love it. More than that,…Read More
I love a long to do list. It gives me direction and makes me feel like things are happening. And there is something satisfying about crossing things off once they’ve been done. But it can also feel exhausting. There are days where I have diligently been in motion all day checking things off, and yet…Read More
I’ve always marveled at the collective mindset of buyers. There are typical market cycles that happen in a year – the first part of the year has the most price appreciation, things shift a bit in June as kids get out of school and summer starts, August can be slow with everyone out on vacation…Read More
The only person who doesn’t believe in you is you. Read that again. We so easily see talents in others, and are so hesitant to claim them within ourselves. And yet they are there. You have your own unique talents and gifts. You have a light within you that can shine brighter than you ever…Read More
Great question! The Success Perspective is the mindset and energy that you create to increase your sales and have the life you’ve been dreaming of. It’s the difference between taking a class and implementing a few things, but seeing little to no change in your sales. Or Making a few small tweaks that make a…Read More